1. The 9:30 Club. It’s one of the best music venues in the city and it’s literally across the street. I love that I can wander over there on a random Tuesday and hear something spectacular.
2. The farmer’s market on Saturday’s May-November. I haven’t been able to go this year because of work and I’m not a happy camper. I love the rows of seasonal fruit and vegetables, the bakery stand and the Amish farmers pedaling their organic pork and beef.
3. The Metro is a two block walk. I rarely ride the Metro but when I do, I’m glad I don’t have to schlep twenty minutes to a stop.
4. The roof top deck of my building. It’s stunning and I love sitting up there with a book and a glass of wine.
5. The multiple bars and restaurants in the ‘hood. I can walk in any direction and there’s great options. The best part-new places open constantly!
6. While most of DC is obsessed with the Trader Joe’s down the street, I love Yes! Organic. I run in, grab whatever stuff I need and run out.
7. Gallagher and Graham is a locally owned spirits shop that sells beer, wine and alcohol. What else do you need?
What do you love about your neighborhood?