My favorite part of the summer is going to the farmer’s market at 14th and U St., NW
on Saturday morning. Last week, I bought heirloom tomatoes, fresh herbs, corn and zucchini. I decided to make this salad after reading the August issue of Bon Appétit. I served it with grilled short ribs with lemon and parsley (recipe not up on epicurious yet but on pg. 65 of August issue). It was delicious! Enjoy.
Corn, Zucchini and Feta Salad Ingredients
- 4 ears of corn, husked
- 4 small zucchini (about a 1.5 lbs), thinly sliced with a mandoline
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped basil
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 4 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook corn in a large pot of boiling salted water until bright yellow and tender, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate then cool.
Cut kernels from cobs and place in a large bowl. Add zucchini, basil, parsley, oil, vinegar, and red pepper flakes. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Top with feta. Serve immediately.