Salted Caramel Brownies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 4 1-oz. squares of dark chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup caramel topping (I used one from Cork Market)
- 1 tsp. good quality sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9×13 inch baking pan. In a 3-quart saucepan over very low heat, melt butter and chocolate, stirring the mixture constantly.
- Remove from heat, and stir the sugar into the chocolate. Allow the mixture to cool slightly. Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine the flour and 1/2 tsp. salt in a separate bowl, then stir into the chocolate mixture.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan. Drizzle the caramel atop the batter, and use a knife to swirl over the surface.
- Sprinkle sea salt over the caramel. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Brownies are done when a toothpick inserted into the center come out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.