When I was at my blog biz+buzz workshop last week, one of the points that were made repeatedly was having an authentic voice. Often, bloggers are upbeat and positive. Maybe too upbeat and positive. Meanwhile, that's really not the case in their day-to-day life.
Recently, Jess from Make My Life Under
posted "Things I'm Afraid To Tell You." When Ez at Creature Comforts
read the post, she was moved by Jess's honesty. A challenge was issued to the blogosphere to be candid about life and the "Things I'm Afraid to Tell You" movement was born. I think it's genius and today, a second wave is participating. Mine is below.
- I once dropped an f-bomb in front of a nun. despite that horrifying occurrence, I continue to drop f-bombs all the time.
- I hate that I can't write about what's really happening with my clients. it would be entertaining, uplifting, and appalling. people would know what it's really like to be an agent. this blog would be infinitely more interesting. I don't share those stories because of confidentiality issues. it's frustrating because I feel like I only tell half the story.
- One of my weekly highlights is reading my us weekly. I don't know what this says about me.
- I haven't lived in Spain for over ten years yet I miss it every day.
- I'm often envious of other real estate agents who are killing it. I'm doing fine but who wouldn't want 25 to 50 million dollars of sales every year? think about the vacations I could take! or would I be too busy to take them?
- I'm irritated by girls who are openly jealous of one another. I have a very tiny friend. girls say stuff about how little she is all the time. sometimes in a positive way. sometimes in a bitchy way. it drives me crazy. be happy with yourself and get over your issues. would I like my rear end to be smaller? yes, I would. even if I lost 30 lbs., it'd still be big. it's who I am. and I'm fine with it.
- I love my dad but he annoys the living hell out of me. he had laparoscopic surgery on Friday. it scared me to death. he's fine. it turns out the x-rays were wrong (whew). he's at home and doing everything he shouldn't be doing. like driving and not taking enough pain medication. as my parents age and these events become more common, I wonder how often we're going to fight about doctor's orders and how it's going to affect our relationship. I was really mad at him for driving a day and a half after surgery and not following the doctor's orders. he doesn't care because he's going to do what he wants. which is exasperating. I also feel guilty that I'm angry at him because he just had surgery. it's a vicious circle.
- I would like to have a kid and I don't know if that's going to happen. it's distressing.
Bloggers participating in wave two: